Do I Need a Low-level Carbon Monoxide Detector

carbon monoxide family

Ask any homeowner and they would agree that keeping their house safe from carbon monoxide is important, yet the gas still poisons more than 20,000 people each year; killing more than 500. Everyone is at risk for carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning. Carbon monoxide detectors are a smart idea and are also required by law. Families with children and the elderly are especially sensitive to the gas. Most people will purchase a carbon monoxide detector at their local home improvement store and expect it work, but the truth is, these detectors may not be sensitive enough to alert you or your loved ones are in danger.

How do I know if I’m safe from Carbon Monoxide?
This colorless-odorless gas cannot be detected without a device. CO concentration levels are measured in Parts Per Million (ppm). The typical carbon monoxide detector purchased at your local hardware store doesn’t alarm until 70-77 parts per million — when it may already be TOO LATE. We believe every home should have low-level carbon monoxide detectors that will alarm at 15 ppm.

What are the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning?

Carbon monoxide symptoms are often described as “flu-like.” The most common symptoms of a poisoning are:

  • Dull headache
  • Dizziness
  • Weakness
  • Upset stomach
  • Nausea or vomiting
  • Shortness of breath
  • Blurred vision
  • Chest pain
  • Confusion

Does Owens Companies sell carbon monoxide detectors?
Yes! Owens Companies sells low-level CO detectors for your home or office. Call us for more information. 952-854-3800. We hope to hear from you!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *