Spring is the perfect time for an HVAC check-up
It may only be April in Minnesota, but we’ve already hit our first 70 degree day and the cooling season is right around the corner. Are you ready for it? There is plenty that you, the homeowner, can do to be ready for the cooling season. There are also many reasons why spring is the perfect time to call Owens to schedule your annual HVAC check-up. This post fully prepares you for the sunshine!
As the homeowner:
- Clear any leaves or debris within 2 ft. of your AC unit
- Inspect refrigerant lines – low levels indicate a leak, which can burn out your compressor leading to a costly repair.
- Turn off water to the furnace’s humidifier (if applicable)
- Change your air filter
- Run your air conditioner once before you actually need it.
A Preventive Maintenance Inspection should provide:
- A visual inspection for corrosion, signs of overheating, water damage, improperly sealed ducts, and much more.
- Testing of all electrical systems – insuring capacitors, switches, and circuit boards are fully functioning
- A test-run of the entire system to insure proper operation and full check of coolant levels, the compressor, and system safety measures.
Owens provides the best value in complete and comprehensive preventive maintenance. Time after time we catch minor problems before they become costly major problems. Know what you can do as the homeowner, and what should be left to a professional. Follow these steps and be ready to enjoy the warm months ahead with full confidence in your HVAC system.